what do you do when...

You really just don't care anymore? I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of being left alone to take care of kids. I'm tired of being tired.
This isn't what I thought my life would be like, and although i'm trying to make the best of it I'm still unhappy most of the time.
The only joy I have comes from my kids. I feel used and lied to. Even if they're little lies, they still affect me greatly. I don't know what to do but just cry....and cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom. They look up to you and need you. You are trying your hardest to care for them and it sounds like you just need some rest and "you" time. Look for the good things every day, they are there. I know how overwhelming it can be. I find that if I can plan ahead and set something up for the kids that will keep them busy and having fun, the stress is sometimes lifted and I can think of things to do for me. Monday I have planned that we are going to put up a canopy outside and I am going to let them take some of their inside toys outside. We are going to have a picnic lunch (something very simple like sandwiches). I also found some old paint brushes and we are going to paint with water (anything they want, it will dry). While they are occupied I can do something for me. Hugs to you! Hang in there!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Do you have any adult friends you can talk to? Maybe go out for a cup of coffee or watch a movie with?

Can you get a sitter for your children even if just for an hour or so? What are some things that give you peace? Like a long shower or bubble bath? Sitting outside with a cold drink while the kids play?

I am unhappy a lot too. My life is not what I wanted it to be either. But I do take some comfort in the fact that I have a good friend who will listen and I know the things that let me have a little down time. I also know there are a lot of people who have it much worse than I do. Knowing that helps me keep things in perspective.

I wish you all the best. Try to look for a little bright spot in each day. Don't give up on yourself. Be good to you!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think what Lifes-A-Dance said is really good and I agree with her. I wanted to add, though, have you considered talking to your doctor about being evaluated for depression? When you talked about always being tired, unhappy and crying, it made me concerned that you might be depressed. I hope things start looking up for you soon!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 12:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You have some really great advice here. The only other things I can offer are to talk to your family doctor about an antidepressant if you can't shake out of it. Depression is real and it hurts. Also look for a Moms group in person in your area for support and activiites. MOMS Club is one place to start. www.momsclub.org
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010