Do you still have movies on VHS tapes?

If so, are you still able to watch them on a VHS player that you still have?
Would you buy more at a yard sale?

We have about 100 VHS tapes of movies from the 90's decade.....Disney, action, recorded off of tv, series....and I was thinking of selling them in my yard sale next month.

Do you think anyone will buy them? How much can I sell them for? I was thinking about 50-cents each.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 12:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes and yes if they were ones i knew my kids would watch... you could give selling them a shot... if that fails I still see them for sale a thrift stores... 50 cents is lower than the last time I saw them (that was about a year ago).
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes and yard sale...who knows...all I can say is try it....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes :) but they are OLNY Disney movies and and Peter rabbit movies lol. They take up my daughters whole closet :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We still have some VHS movies (and a VCR) but we rarely watch them. We aren't buying any more because the DVDs are just so much more convenient.

I think 50 cents a piece is probably a good price, hopefully you'll get some people who want them!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We still have them and last summer at our yard sale we made almost $100 selling the ones we didn't want any longer for a $1 each.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Our VCR broke about 3 or 4 years ago and we couldn't find another one so we just gave away all our vhs tapes. I wouldn't price them for more than a quarter each. No one I know around here anyway even has a vcr anymore.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yeah we have alot of them... most of them are saved, but most of the time we rent dvds or record them to the tv.... the vcr isnt even connected even though my husband says he plans on watching them lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. Most of them are recorded off of the tv, and there are a lot of good movies/shows! Our VCR is boxed up somewhere, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the tapes. I keep thinking one day I will want to hook up the VCR and watch them.

If you have recorded-from-tv tapes, don't you just love watching the old commercials?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. We have a whole box full. I have tried selling them at yard sales and no one ever buys them.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yep. I have all the old Disney classics =)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010