Why did CM become bash fest?

I ask for help and all that happens is i get bashed. Now instead of getting help I feel so upset. Instead of getting suggestions im called names and made to feel like i am the worst person in the world. I remember when CM didnt have any of this and everyone tried to help and support each other. My life is threatened and Im the bad person. I will be deleting my account after today because all I can do now is cry. When you live in a place you have no family or friends and you try to find support you get torn apart. i hate my life and feel horrible thanks to some of you women. You should really be more thoughtful when you bash someone reaching out for help, you never know whats going on in their life or how you are going to make them feel with your words.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry to hear that you've had such an awful experience. Some people seem to forget that the person they're responding to is real, not just a computer, and they say things that they wouldn't dream of saying in person.

I don't know if you spend most of your time in Answers or if you found some groups, but I found that joining a special interest group helped me to find women who weren't interested in drama. A lot of the really big groups have too many people with nothing better to do than cause drama, but the smaller ones about hobbies, religion, or people who live near you tend to have people who act more human.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 12:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am so sorry that you where treated this way. Alot of the reasons I think is cause these moms arent happy with the lives they have. It is sad I know! If you need to talk you can pm me hun I am a great listener and would love to be there for you! i know how it feels to be in a place without friends and family. We lived in Wyoming for 6yrs and when we moved there we was 1200miles from any friends and family and didnt know anyone. Now we are in Oklahoma and anyone here eccept the few ppl we have met but we are only about 250 miles from our friends and famly! So hugs to you hun!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 12:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sorry you were bashed. There are some out there that just do that to make them self feel better by bringing others down....We all aren't like that. I didn't see your question. Please don't let them get to you....for then you give them control..."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am so sorry don't give up on Cafemom there are some really good moms on here looking for the same, support and friendship.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 12:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Cafemom has always been filled with drama since I have been here. You have to learn to not take it to heart and realize half the people on here are not who they say they are. So don't let some person who is a troll get you down. Cafemom might not be the place for you. You might look in your local community for mom groups so you can have real life people to talk to.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry, ignore the idiots and take from the post that were helpfull. Don't let a bunch of immature people run you off. There are a lot of great woman here who do really want to help.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It really has a lot to do with the way you ask questions. I've seen some that are just so bad, I assume they are trolling.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Im apart of a few groups on cafemom and I love them. I live in a state with no family so I know how you feel, but you have to be confident in yourself and what you are doing. You cant allow people on a machine to bash you and take it to heart. Some of these women are being mean just to be mean. Some of them never have anything positive to say and probably wont. You cant expect people who are unhappy with their own lives to try and be positive to you. I say ignore them and find a personal group. I rarely ask questions in this answer section, I more so read and respond. Pick your battles honey and feel better. the negatives arent worth it.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry you were bashed. I have been on CM for 3 1/2 years and have never been bashed. It all depends where you hang out. There are plenty of groups on here that do not allow bashing and are very supportive. If you asked something in Answers and got bashed, I would suggest to give it time.  They recently changed how things operate in here now and I think it's for the better. If you recently got bashed, I would bring it to The Answers Group (Issues Forum) and ask CM what they think about it.

I'm truly sorry.  I hope you give it another chance. 

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I understand your feelings and hope you give it another try. I can't say I've been bashed for a question I've put up, however sometimes they go unanswered. I have been bashed and had harsh words posted when I didn't agree with the group that was posting answers though. Take the answers people give you that help you and ignore the rest. Some people just like to get everyone riled up. Hope you stay.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010