We have 2 beautiful kids that we adopted and now, after 9 years, we concieved but sadly m/c at 13 weeks. We are anxious to start trying again as we 'finally did acheive' a pregnancy and now, with a changed diet, new info. on vitamin supplements that we should be taking and an exercise regimen we are hoping to get pregnant again. Does anyone out there, who has gone through a m/c, and then had a D & C been able to get pregnant again and have a successful pregnancy?

We are in our late 30's and after 9 years finally got pregnant! Sadly, I m/c at just 13 weeks along, followed by a D&C. We are anxious to 'try again' and I am wondering if there are any other moms' or mom's to be out there that have gone through this, and what tips they may have for resuming 'babymaking' once again.

We have also been told that my husband has low sperm count and motility but his #'s aren't so low that we didn't get pregant the first time.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have had 4miscarriages and two was with dnc's. I got pregnant two wks after my first dnc (third miscarriage) and almost 2yrs after my second dnc (4th miscarriage). This is the site that finally helped us to get pregnant this last time after the 4th miscarriage. And we got pregnant the 1st time using this method. It is called "Sperm meets egg plan"! GL and so sorry for your loss hun!

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 12:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I did not have this happen to me, but a good friend of mine had a molar (sp?) pregnancy, had to take chemo and wait 3 months before trying again. Then she had a m/c and d&c, the 3rd time she got her baby!
    I say start trying again as soon as the Dr says you can!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. Give yourself time to recover from the first and the D&C. Relax and enjoy. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't have any truoble getting pregnant, but I miscarried in November. I also had a D & C. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant and everything has gone well so far. So I guess it only took us 4ish months to get pregnant again.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 12:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Doctor visit is in another week so I am going with lots of questions.......I have read in numerous sites that we are very fertile during the first few months after a D & C precedure is done but I have also read that you need to give your uterine lining time to build itself back up to provide an adequate environment for fertilizing (and keeping) the egg once it is implanted. With that in mind, I am a bit anxious about (maybe) getting pregnant just yet (although so excited to get pregnant again too). I am thinking that protection, at least until I see the doctor to discuss it further, is probably the way to go to be safe.

Thanks for all your input, ladies!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I miscarried May 10th, 2009 (Mother's day) a short 4 weeks later found out I was 5 weeks pregnant... I had no idea I was pregnant til I went for my check up after I miscarried... My doctors eyes got so big when she told me I was pregnant again... I thought she was making a mean joke...
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 6:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We were always told that we had 'unexplained infertility' but as the years progressed and we were just pregnant a few short months (that ended, sadly, in m/c) we know that we can get pregnant and are going to try again. We have had alot of testing done which only showed my husband having a somewhat lower sperm count and motility but everything else checked out fine. In December of 2009, we visited a dietition as we wanted to 'get healthy' and with a change in what and how much we ate as well as going on multivitamins and exercise, I was pregnant in just a few short months thereafter. Heres' hoping that with some time, we can concieve again, and we trust that this time, my pregnancy will continue full term so that we can recieve a healthy baby one day!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• you know...if the problem is with DH's sperm then I really have no advice.

If it is an issue with you I do have a little bit of advice. When we were trying to get pregnant with our third baby it just wasn't happening. When I would get pregnant and miscarried I bled very little. So I started figuring something must be wrong with me. So I started ovulation charting. When I did this I noticed that I was ovulating just fine. It was the second half that failed. My uterine lining sucked. So I was easily able to get fertilized but when the egg implanted it wouldn't stick like it should. my periods were like half a pad for one day... so I started taking supplements (found by doing tons of researching online). I got pregnant after my first REAL period and we only had sex once that month. (this was after 3 years and two miscarriages).
    Start charting. If anything is out of the normal then start researching.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 11:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• oh and it took like 4-5 months to get that first real period. (I ran out of room on my previous reply).
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 11:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• First of sorry for your lose .And yas I had a miscarried back in Dec of 2008 and had D/C my doctor told me to what for three periods before trying again. I hope this helps you out.

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010