How would you market a home based business?

BAMBAM06

Asked by BAMBAM06 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• it depends on the business. there are many different ways to market but it varies greatly based on the business. so what kind of business is it?
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Word of mouth continues to be THE premier way of getting your name and business out there! Beyond that...

1.) Become a member of your area's Chamber of Commerce, and attend the networking functions they offer.
    2.) Depending on what you sell/make, participate in trade shows. For example, I used to make/sell silk floral arrangements, custom gift baskets, and wedding favors, so I would buy a table at large Bridal Shows to showcase my samples, and talk to brides to be! I offered up door prizes, and freebies with my business card attached and usually a coupon for a future order!
    3.) Create and distribute fliers with coupons or percentages off your next order.
    4.) Purchase a clickable ad, like you see to the right of this page!
    5.) TALK about your business to anyone and everyone you meet in your travels. Hand out business cards that have a coupon on the reverse! I made MAGNETIC business cards so they wouldn't get "misplaced!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thirty One Gifts. My website is www.mythirtyone.com/23709. I just got done with my first party which was a open house party. I am very nervous when it comes to talk in front of people. I get rather embrassed. I have passed out several books and some business cards.
    BAMBAM06

Comment by BAMBAM06 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010