My daughter is 11 1/2 months old and is starting to take her diaper off does that mean she might be ready to be potty trained?

richellenicole

Asked by richellenicole at 12:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say yes... let her give it a go and see what happens!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am going to say no. IMO, I think that age is way to early to even think about potty training her.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If she shows inerest in other aspects of using the potty then yes. It may be that she just likes to be nekkid.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 12:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No..babies take diapers off..My 1 year old has used the potty because i sat her on the seat while I was filling up the tub..She wont do it again lol. No harm in trying right ;P
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• probably not. I mean you can try but she's more than likely just playing around with her diaper. If you want to try with her get some really good CLOTH trainers since they are more like normal undies. they work GREAT. My little girls started at 19 months. Good luck!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think she might just be curious whats this? On me? lol I think its a lil early for her to potty train IMO
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• thank you all for you advice.
    richellenicole

Comment by richellenicole (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No. It means she's figured out how to get her diaper off. She will be ready when she can tell you she needs to go, can dress and undress herself, and can clean herself. Not saying you can't sit her on the potty if you want to though.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sounds more like she just wants to be naked. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No...it just means that she figured out that she can take off her diaper.She has no idea what it means at this age....she is too young.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010