How many months in advance did you...

plan for your child' s birthday?? my dd's bday is in exactly 2months and i have no idea what i wanna do. she will be 2!!! idk what theme i should do for her or what...do you guys have any ideas??? my mom says i need to start thinkin now bcuz b4 i kno it, her bday will be here soon.

MoMMy2aDiVA08

Asked by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did not plan anything except a family birthday party, that was just a little before her birthday. At that age they dont remember much - have a cake, hat etc for her. I just get it done week before! lol
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would start thinking pretty quick! Only because you have to get the invitations out a few weeks before the party. You dont have to do something crazy and extravagent!!! Go with something simple. you can use her favorite animal as a theme, or even go with the classic pincess theme. We are doing a farm theme this year for my daughter, we decided to get her a petting zoo so after we booked that we just kinda rolled with it and kept that theme going!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We planned ours a week in advance.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I started planning about 6 weeks in advance. Mostly that early so I could get invitations to people early enough so they wouldn't have other plans on the day.
    Ask her what theme she wants. Just pick a few and ask her to tell you what she wants. Or take her to the store and let her point or pick out what colors she wants for everything. It's her day, why not let her have a say in it?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A family b-day party are the best and easy for under the age of 5. As they get older than you need to plan if you invite kids from school. That you made need a month or so.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I started about a month and a half in advance, but only to get the invites out. Beyond that (and having a date, time, place on the invites) I didn't do much more planning until about 2 weeks ahead of time. I then decided on a theme and got the decorations. I made the cake. She was just 2, so it was mostly family. I didn't have to worry about games and such because there were not many kids in attendance.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We don't plan. We just take our son out for the day somewhere awesome.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think you should do what you want, and what your DD wants! What is she into? I think ladybugs is a really cute theme for little girls. We typically only do small family parties at that age, and/or just take our child someplace fun as a family!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I start thinking about it a couple of months in advance because some venues get booked pretty quickly. Also, you will have more selection for your themed party items if you buy them online which means you need to order them early enough to still get the invitations out on time. Don't stress about the theme though, at this age you can just pick something you like because she won't really care. Ladybugs, butterflies, and flowers are always a cute choice for little girls. Have fun!
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 3:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010