Airplane with an infant

I'm taking my 6 month old on an airplane (about 3 1/2 hrs long). Any advice is helpful. Can we bring the car seat carrier on the plane or will there be no room? How do we get the bulk head seats? Can we bring the stroller right up to the gate?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Travel

• Check the carseat, it is free. You can bring the stroller right up to the gate, but I would look into buying or making a stroller cover, because ours got SOOO dirty as the were loading and unloading it. Call the airline and request the bulkhead seats.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You need to call up the airlines. They have been changing the rules for everything. Good Luck I did with twins.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You can only bring the car seat if you pay for a second seat. Sometimes you can bring the stroller up to the gate if its an umbrella type stroller. You can ask and they might even be able to put it on the front of the plane up front, sometimes they take it at the gate and put it in the hold if up front if full so be sure and have a good strong bag to put it in - I've had a stroller ruined by the airlines and even a stroller bag torn and damaged. As for bulk head seats, in my experience I can call directly and ask for them or when you can get your seating online try and get those seats then. Otherwise when you check in at the airport they may be able to assign you those seats or will tell you go to the gate and they can do it there.
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I flew with my 6 month old. I took the stroller and carseat up to the gate. They put it under the plane and had it waiting for me when I got off the plane. My DD sat in my lap for the flight.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010