How does your hair feel after being colored?

i died my hair last night (blonde) and it feels so wonderful today! every time i color my hair it feels so smooth and healthy. my mom says this isnt normal at all, that the chemicals make most ppl's hair feel crunchy and brittle after coloring.

so how does your hair feel after you've colored it?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 1:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i just love how my hair feels also when i am finished coloring it. except when i try to bleach it or highlight it..it feels the crunchy way...so i just stay away from the at home bleaching and just go to the salon..lol
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mine always feels soft and smooth. It is the conditioners in it. That is the way it is supposed to feel if it is done at the right intervals and according to directions.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mine always feels smooth and soft too. I think its that wonderful conditioner they include! My mom's gets dried out when she leaves the dye in too long. I think it depends on the kind you buy too.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I love the way my hair feels after getting it colored lol. It seems healthier than it was before. I think it depends on the type of color you are using too. Also the type of conditioners in it.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with the others, I LOVE how my hair feels after coloring and highlighting! Maybe we're using the best at home products, and doing it right, which is why ours comes out looking and feeling so good?! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my hair always always feels smooth and healthy after i color it...most of the time ppls that feel all crunchy and brittle have ruined their hair by coloring to much..and have fried it...gl
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• okmanders: try using a balancing shampoo and shampooing twice during each wash. This should help with the greasy feeling in your hair due to overactive sebaceous glands.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I love coloring my hair because it's feel so smooth and slikey.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i always figured it was cause it strips my oily hair of all the extra gunky build-up. the conditioners are amazing, but i can only use them right after i dye b/c they are too heavy. glad to see its not just me...i think my mom's just been dying hers for too many years haha
    okmanders

Comment by okmanders (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• did you use a box color?

Typically that is because they have a conditioner that is similar to a protein pack, that puts protein back into your hair.

A good hairstylist will also be sure you have a protein treatment before and after your color service to keep your hair healthy and smooth.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2010