What is the BEST advice you ever received?

...and did you apply the advice that was given? Did it help? What was the outcome?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 1:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "It's not a crying thing, it's not a sorry thing, just suck it up and deal".
    I don't remember what exactly I was crying and apologizing to my dad for but that's what he told me and it worked. Now, I apologize a lot less, when I feel the urge to say "I'm sorry", I ask myself it it really is a "sorry thing". Same with crying.
    I use it on Ki too, when she starts crying because I told her no for something, I'll ask her "is this a crying thing or are you just upset you didn't get your way?" and usually it's just upset she didn't get her way and it makes her realize it and she stops.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Respect your-self and others will respect you.

I have a great husband for 30-years.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mine is: "Don;t hang on to grudges against someone. Doing so, is like ingesting poison and waiting for the other person to die!" It's not worth it. You can forgive, but never forget!

This bit fo advice has helped me greatly, and I continue to say it to myself, as I have a hard time "letting things go" ESPECIALLY when it gets personal! I'm someone who needs "closure." Without it, the grudges continue to fester! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010