What is your name ? Also how often do people call you by the wrong name? And what name do they call you?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my name is Adelyn(ad-a-lynn) and ppl call me Madeline, Add-a-line, when i was young they called me Adolescence
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My name is Barbara but everyone calls me Barbie because my hubby's name is... are you ready? Ken. When we were dating we went to a small school and everyone knew us and joked, "Here comes Ken and Barbie again." LOL Generally people don't call me by the wrong name, but they do misspell it - Barbra, it throws some people for a loop to throw an extra A in there.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My name is Melissa and I get called Michelle all the time. UGH!
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Im Hillarie and Ive never been called anything different unless it was small children who had issues pronouncing it.
    However, its almost always spelled incorrectly by those who dont know me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My name is Rhianna, and I get mispronunciations all the time, it's so aggravating!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nicky and ummm no one ever messes that one up LOL they do get lazy and call me nick sometimes.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My name is Chelsey and I've been called Kelsey and Shelsey before lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My name is Dusti, and people who read my name first (such as first day of school/new teachers) always assumed it was a typo and called me "Dustin".

If I'm not paying attention to my DH, he'll call me Dustin, just because he knows how much it irks me.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mine is "Cara" and I get: Tara, Karen, Carly, Carrie, Terri, Carla, Cora, Carol....people get my name wrong more than they get it right. lol
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my name is Sokmarlly, my nick name is technically Mally because that's how you pronounce it. but sometime during elementary school people started calling me Molly because that's what americans are used to. But in high school people started calling me Marlly because that's what is spelled in my full name....so how often do people mess up my name?? MY WHOLE LIFE!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 1:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010