Why be offended if some one deletes you off their social networking page?

SIL and I are not good friends. In fact, we do not get along because she thinks the world revolves around her and I disagree. ;P I went through my Facebook friends list and deleted apprx. 30 people and she was one of them. I don't care to see her updates every 5 minutes, or her Formspring Q&A since they are usually about people wanting to see naked pictures of her. Three questions in a row were about her breasts. Not interested in that. I haven't heard from her in two months, but she sent me a message today asking if I accidentally deleted her. I told her I deleted lots of people I don't talk to on a daily basis and she replied back that it's pretty crappy. I'm 30 years old, and I decide who is on my freakin friends list! I don't know why her panties are in a twist. She is on my husband's page so it's not like she can't see pics of the kids. What's the big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It would depend on who it was -- if it were someone I was close to and liked, yes I would feel a bit hurt and wonder why they did it but I would not make an issue out of it. If it was someone I was not close to then I could care less if they deleted me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Some people take it too personal. I'm not goin to lie when someone just ups and deletes me I kinda wonder why but I don't lose sleep over it then again I only have people that I enjoy talking to on a daily basis on my facebook so if one of them deleted me i'm worried I did or said something to them without realizing that's the only reason i'd ask.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband has an aunt that is just RUDE. I deleted her and I don't even feel bad about it.

You have to make yourself happy, crappy or not...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well I can kind of see her point. I mean doing it is like saying "I don't want to hear from you anymore" since FB is the only way many people communicate with each other these days.

Have you tried explaining to her your issues with having a FB friendship?
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not really. I delete people all the time or set my FB settings so people cannot see my posts, status updates, pictures, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Some people will unfriend people for petty reason, though, so that might be what they are upset about, the reason not the fact they were unfriended. Other people are just upset because they want to have as many friends as possible.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well I hope she doesn't read this, because I can't figure out how to answer again anonymously. That's annoying. I guess even if it's your question you can't answer anon. OH well. I don't think I should have to explain any thing to her. We do not like each other and she was only on my page because she is family. I decided that since we don't talk at all, in person or on FB that I didn't need her on my page. That simple. If we'd been great friends and I deleted one day, then I'd understand why she would be concerned. Why be upset because some one you don't talk to deletes you?
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It really sounds like she is insecure and your deleting her pointed out that she has reason to be. I would not worry about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I guess so. She likes to be the center of attention, and I guess it annoys her that I won't be seeing her oh so important updates??? LOL
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010