HAHAHA! My MIL says her youngest SON was walking AND potty trained at 8 MONTHS!!! She bragged about that in front of EVERYONE at my son's first birthday. I am sooo embarrassed! If you're gonna lie, make sure it's believable!! Geez

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My M.I.L does the same crap to me and always says "well mine were doing this at that age" UGH makes me wanna poke her in the eye.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 1:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have a friend that said the same thing about herself I was just like yeah whatever
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 2:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Are you sure it's a lie? My daughter has been walking for a couple of months now and she's only 10 months old.
    My sister and I were both using the potty by 9 months old. We weren't "potty trained" exactly, but my mum would sit us on the potty after every meal and when she thought we needed to go.
    She didn't have a daytime dirty diaper after we hit 9 months old.

Maybe she's not lying. She may be exaggerating the truth a bit.

Although...maybe she is totally full of it. lol
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Pssh. I'll never understand why people lie about things like that. I mean, really, if you're going to lie, make sure it's not something you can easily get caught in!

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• lol ... my MIL did the samething on my daughters birthday i couldnt help but laugh in her face lmfao! i mean if they dont remember dont add to the story
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can do you one better....my 65 year old MOTHER adamantly believes that she TAUGHT HERSELF how to use the toilet when she was SIX MONTHS OLD!!! LMAO!!!

She says she CRAWLED over to the toilet (didn't have separate potty chairs back then), removed her diaper (remember they used cloth diapers and SAFETY PINS back then), did her business, and then PUT HER DIAPER BACK ON!!!

She actually got angry with me, and didn;t speak to me for weeks afterward, because I laughed hysterically at her!! But COME ON!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my mom does that. I told her my son was transitioning to a bed at 19 months, she was all "you and your sister werent in a bed till 3!!!!!!" She wasnt sayng it just to mention a fact, but to basically tell me I also needed to wait till my son was 3. Sorry, that isnt how it works lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Walking I believe, potty trained not so much. She might have put her son on the potty but i doubt he would be able to understand when he needed to go.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LMAO, my F.I.L. does stuff like this all the time. MY DH and I have a secret arm tap we give eachother when he starts to spout... My M.I.L. hates it, says it embarasses her. We love the guy and just rolls our eyes when he gets going... too funny...
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I HATE moms like that!!!!!!!!!!! NO kid is 100% potty trained at less than a year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010