My 19 month old has a 102 fever. Should he go to the doctor? Or should I just wait a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try the tylenol/motrin every 2-4 hours rotating. Try a luke warm bath and if none of that helps get washcloths under his armpits and on his neck. Most doctors don't get concerned unless it is above 103 after you have tried all of this. A fever doesn't necessarily mean much except the body is fighting an infection of some sort and sometimes it is a virus and you can't do anything but wait it out anyway. Would hate to see you make a wasted trip. Just keep giving him fluids and trying to break it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would wait, make sure he is getting plenty of fluid and rest.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It depends on how he is acting. If he is acting normally, wait. If he is very lethargic and not eating or drinking--call.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would try just doing the Tylenol and Motrin and lots of fluids first. If he gets worse or stops drinking then I would take him in. You could even try a luke warm bath to bring down the fever.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010