Do you like the new washers that automatically adjust the water levels and

lock down during the wash cycle?

MaryBethBest

Asked by MaryBethBest at 2:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't even like the sound of a machine having the right to "lock down": anything!
    LancesMom

Answer by LancesMom at 8:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I like anything better than the ancient washer and dryer I have LOL
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 2:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes...My front loader does that...sometimes the lock down thing gets me when I start the load and realize I left something out...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't know, more parts mean more things to break and more expensive fixes...I'm waiting till they are out for a long time before I buy...
    (I really want the gigantic pretty red ones)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I wish I could afford one of the new washers that automatically adjust your water levels and lock down during the wash cycle. I purchased a new compact washer and dryer from Rent-A-Center over seven years ago; until they break down, since the rental fees are so astronomical at Rent-A-Center, I won't even consider getting a new washer and dryer.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well, I am in a position that I have to buy a new washer and was shocked to know they are not giving us a choice. I have heard horrible reviews about them, and would rather the old fashioned kind. A salesman today said a woman put her hand in her washer to push down a comforter and it took her arm off, is why these new kinds. Don't know if that is true, but I cannot find an old fashioned washer unless it is a small one. I need a large one! :(
    MaryBethBest

Comment by MaryBethBest (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010