how old were your kids when you started taking them trick or treating?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine were all two when they went for the first time. They were so cute =)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• One or two. As soon as they kind of knew what was going on and could enjoy it. We only went to people we knew and we didn't stay out for very long at all.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 2:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• the october right after they were born but in a stroller and only to about 5-4 houses
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 2:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My oldest son was 11months old the first time he went and my youngest went with us last year dressed as a pea pod, but he obviously didn't trick or treat because he was only 3 months old
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My oldest was 23 months and his little brother was 10 months. We took our dd out last year, she was 2 months, but of course, she didn't get any candy. She was dressed up as a little pumpkin and was adorable. If we didn't have her older brothers I most likely wouldn't have taken her out. We didn't take our oldest his first year just because we had closing on our house that day and we were moving.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Last Halloween was the first time I took my son out, he was almost 3. My daughter came too but she was only 2.5 months old. I dressed her up as an owl but didn't have a treat bag for her.
    I always thought it was weird when people brought their babies around with a treat bag.....uh, I know that toothless baby isn't going to eat this candy. You're an adult, go buy your own. Lol!!!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My older one was 2 when he started, and we pulled our 10 month old in the wagon. LOL...My older one was Harry Potter (because he already wore eyeglasses, and my younger one was a skunk ("Lil Stinker")--for obvious reasons! LOL :o)

Of course, my older one was scared to death to go up to other people's doors, but by the time he was 4 1/2 he was a pro! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 2 and 6 because that is how old they were when we moved to Canada and trick or treating just isn't done in England.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I took both my girls out their first Halloween, candy eating though, they were over 1 year and able to chew it, or even suck a sucker.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We have never been trick or treating yet. DD is 3 and she has been to the Boo at the Zoo every year since 18 months but that's really not trick or treating but she was in a costume all the times we have gone. We also went around to family memebers houses to let them see her in her costumes on Halloween.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010