What do Pagans buy?

I get the idea that Pagans love nature so, do you buy lots of organic things and shop at natural food stores and home remedy items? Im wondering if there is a lifestyle with your beliefs. Are you vegetarians?

Silly of me....just curious and interested. I love nature and I shop at natural health stores and such too. Im also vegetarian.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 2:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not silly at all to ask. I appreciate you asking, rather than just assuming, like so many others do. Thank you. To answer your question, every Pagan is as different as the amount of Pagan paths there are. For my family, we do not use any animal products if we can help it. We try to use organic as much as possible. We believe in DIY, so we make a lot of things, do a lot of our own repairs, grow food when we can, etc. I even make clothes sometimes. I crochet baby stuff all the time. We love nature, sure... We pick up trash when we see it, do not litter, and help others as often as possible. We love to lay outside and listen to the world: the wind, sounds of nature, etc. I have many little jars of healing items too.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A lot of us eat the same things as the next person. We make a lot of our own health items and can't afford to shop at health food stores all the time. Many of us eat meat...I do. Many hunt and fish but they give thanks to the animal spirit for their gift to help sustain their family.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We arent vegetarians but try not to eat too much meat and we give thanks for what we have been offered by the animals and plants,etc.

We try and use more "green" cleaning products, I have a neat soft scrub type stuff I make and it works great.

But Im not super enviromentally conscious, I try to do my best but Im not perfect.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ^^another example how we aren't really that different afterall. :)) (except for the animal spirit-thingy)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I focus more on frugal living - healthy/natural just goes hand in hand with that. You can't manage your money that closely and buy a ton of junk food. It's always way more expensive in the long run, just like it's always cheaper to make your own cleaners, etc. Just so happens that means less chemicals.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i try to recycle, etc. i could do a better job. i buy more natural, whole foods as food healing is a passion of mine. i do have some essential oils. friends are heavy into homeopathy. i have various "bins" of rocks and shells around the house and my knickknacks are things like a black & white marble ball, animal images, nature images. around my house in general are things that hold meaning for me rather than a bunch of trendy matchy things. i wear simple comfortable clothing. i have LOTS of camping supplies! i have pets. i have a ton of books. i buy many things second hand. i have a small, good-on-gas car. i have a wii. i used to have a large collection of music before it was stolen. i am terrible at keeping plants alive but have a few hardy ones with small resin creatures keeping them company. i hardly ever wear makeup, but i love necklaces.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not a silly question at all. As others have said here, all Pagans are different so it mostly depends on the individual. I buy as many organic foods as I can, recycle/reuse as much as possible, and eat hardly any meat. I also use a lot natural remedies for myself and my family, make my own soy candles, buy many things second hand, and make most of my own cleaning products. I do these things to save money, live healthier and have less impact on the earth.
    Terranova

Answer by Terranova at 8:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It seems like every time I go in there I meet a total nutjob, WAYYY off the deep end.

Funny, I seem to have the same experience with WalMart...

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't do as much natural purchasing as I'd like due to finance. But I try to suppliment our groceries with a garden. We (my family) are not veggies, hunting and eating meat is part of our proper place in the food chain.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am not vegetarian, I see killing plants and killing animals as the same as long as they are killed for food... I do tend to stick with natural medicines as much as humanly possible and will by "green" products when I can. I am trying to alter our diets to get more fruits & veggies and less junk, but so far my DH has not been happy about that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010