UMMM MY QUESTION IS... DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE REAL FRIENDSHIPS WITH WOMAN YOU HAVE NEVER MET ON CAFE MOM

ARE THE PEOPLE YOU CHAT WITH (SOMETIMES EVERY DAY) ARE YOU FRIENDS. ... OR JUST CYBER PEOPLE.?

3Grlz1AngelzMom

Asked by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Absolutely! I've made some very good friends here.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have people I talk to every once and people I consider friends I have met on cafemom. I text with some and we share our daily issues with parenting also:)
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I've made a few great friends here!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yep! After all, there was life and friends before CafeMom, too! LOL!
    LadyJag

Answer by LadyJag at 8:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It depends on what you are looking for in a friend. If your criteria for cyber friends and in person friends are different, the answer may be "NO". For instance, if you love to talk about your kids and your job but you also enjoy a night on the town and dressing to kill your cyber buddy may not work out in reality. Especially if she a good conversationalist but where's overalls and loves her gray roots!

If your are looking for a good conversation, common interests and longterm association, I think the answer is "YES". I can't imagine knowing someone long enough to know who they are: the good, the bad and the ugly, and not wanting to keep that relationship regardless of the person's appearance, home setting or social status. If it's possible to fall in love and marry successfully as some have, I think it's possible to make a real friend.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes I have made several!!
    roseisme

Answer by roseisme at 8:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• YES! I am from TX and made such great friends with a mother in NC. She and her family have recently moved to WY and I am planning a trip to see her. I can't wait! She is my sister that I never had!
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I hope the last answer done by "Anonymous" was just sarcastic! If not, that was a very RUDE answer.

My answer to the original question is: Yes, I have made wonderful friends on Cafemom that I message almost every day.
    sweetpeasmom1

Answer by sweetpeasmom1 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes you can make friends as well as enemies.
    Anonymous

• I think so, friendships a developed so many different ways. Just because your not right next ot each other doesnt mean you cant be friends.
    jlbtnc

Answer by jlbtnc at 8:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008