Does anyone else get in a bad mood if the house is in a mess?

I can't take it, lol. My husband is off today and is making messes like crazy. I can't keep up right now between him and my son, and I'm in the worst mood. I can't STAND when my house is a mess. Am I just a neat freak, or totally anal, or what? Is there anyone else who can't relax with a messy house?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh man, I can't relax if my house is a mess. It drives me crazy.
    My anal retentiveness is rubbing off on my children though. My 3.5year old son helps me tidy up the toys at the end of the day and my 10 month old daughter was sitting there putting hot wheels cars into a bucket the other day. It was amazing. Lol!!!

I'm divorcing their dad though(not JUST because he was a total slob with no consideration for the amount of work it takes to keep two small children cared for and happy AND keeping the hose clean AND preparing meals) and since I haven't had to live with him, it's gotten much easier.

Who would have thought that a grown man could make more of a mess and be less considerate than a 3 year old and a 10 month old. Hahaha!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am the same way. My husband makes my fourth child when it comes to messes. I feel like all I ever do is clean and do laundry! I am told all the time that I am anal...but I like a lean home. I do not see anything wrong with it. Just last night my son spilled my soda ALL over the kitchen floor. I was sooo irritated because it was another thing to add to the list, but when it was done I was in a much better mood. So, no you are not alone!
    TheHollandClan

Answer by TheHollandClan at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I do. Most of the time I get frustrated because I feel that I'm the only one who feels it should be cleaned on a regular if not daily basis.
    RACERBABE02

Answer by RACERBABE02 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Absolutely. Especially when I have worked my tail off to make the whole house look great. It makes me insane for it to be messed up so quickly. I just cleaned yesterday and have been getting on to everyone about keeping it neat and tidy (except for hubby, he's still out of town for work, but coming home tonight so he'll get it here soon too, LOL).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm that way too, which probably explains why I'm constantly in a bad mood anymore. Four kids home from school for the summer, and a husband working from home now... it's making me crazy. I have a list of chores for them, but the mess is still there a little bit.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It really effects me, I either get really depressed until it is clean or I get in a really bitchy mood if I can't clean (eg. hubby home and 2 year messing up 10 things before I can even clean one thing)

Yeah ask my husband you do not want to be around me if the house is dirty or my hair isn't straightened, or at least looking decent.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I def get in a bad mood if my house is a mess. I can't do anything if it's not clean!! I just finished picking up and vacuuming and I feel sooo much better :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LOL! I'm not a neat freak, but i can't relax all the way if the house is a mess. I got a toddler to keep me on my feet. :)
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I get in a bad mood when it's time to clean. LOL Seems like it's a never ending job. I also have trouble finishing one task before I start another. Damn ADD...
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• im not a neat freak. but it still bothers me. i have a 1yrold and a 4 yrold.seems like like every time i clean not even 10 mins later.the house looks like a tornado went though. i dont help that our apt is very small.
    asistartomosh

Answer by asistartomosh at 2:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010