Baby hates car set and swing

My little girl hates her car set and swing she is 2 months old. No matter what I do she just screams her head off. Dose anyone know what to do? I can't take her out to do anything fun because of this.

CrystalRaeBrown

Asked by CrystalRaeBrown at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a little bit of time - she's still young.
    Have you tried a vibrating chair? She might like that.
    Then reintroduce the swing later.

As for the car seat - make sure it's tight, but not cutting off her circulation. You'll just have to keep working on that one. Sorry I'm not much help. :)
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 3:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have friends going through this. Really hard. Would music help when in the car? Or a musical toy near her? She will outgrow it. Sorry it is happening. Hang in there!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• There isn't much you ccan do about the carseat except make sure it is at a proper 45 degree angle and she is seated and fastened comfortably. I never did a swing. I wear my baby--way better and more versatile than any bulky swing. I used a moby, then graduated to a met tai and non strech wrap. ring slings are also popular. babywearing is safe and allows the baby close contact and the mother able to move and do things freely. It is a win win

No modern bag slings, like infantino -- those are dangerous.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oh. i forgot to mention that babies are generally in better more amiable moods in the morning especially after a good feed and cuddle. I tended to take my baby a that age out in the morning after a breastfeed, after the epic morning wee, and just before she was about to decide to nap. It helped since she would be lulled to sleep 75% of the time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go to the store and try your LO in the convertible seats, the Evenflo Triumph advance or the Scenera or myride would work for a LO your daughters age...My son is 2 months to but he loves his carseat. I know many babies hate the infant carrier carseats, my son is in a convertible called a Truefit and he fits great and loves it.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter hates the carseat as well. She's now 5 months and still screams. When we go out as a family, i sit in the back with her. That helps, and getting a convertible car seat has helped, but with those, you MUST make sure they are positioned correctly. If they are too upright, their head will sag, and if they are too far leaned back, the baby will be scared of falling.

good luck.. it sucks.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010