How can I get my daughter to stop taking her diaper off?

She takes her diaper off constantly whenever she is in her bed for naptime or bedtime but she doesnt pee anywhere. The real problem is that she has started pooping, then taking her diaper off and playing with it and making a huge mess. I then must give her a bath and wash her blankets and bedding stuff (for the 3rd time this week) again. Im getting very frustrated and no one seems to know what to do, if any of you can help, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you

xoladinluvxo16

Asked by xoladinluvxo16 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct tape :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My daughter just starting doing this about a week ago she 12.5 months ... I just let her keep it off a lot of the time and put her on her training potty. It's actually going quite well. I just took this as an opportunity to possibly potty train her :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had this problem with my son. I put the diaper on backwards but he outsmarted me. Uhhh and he was one. lol Now I make sure he is wearing a "onsie" at all times.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have you tried to put her on the potty before she goes to bed? They only other suggestion I have is put the diaper on backwards w/ duct tape around it and with a onesie on, possibly two onesies on her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lol nickynova, seriously, try onesies, my last one did the same thing... totally grossed me out... she wore onsies for about 6 months I went out and bought two packs of them. She couldn't get to the diaper to remove it. Later she did get a bit more creatve ( going in the sides to get the poop) so we had to resort to onesies with either pants or shorts. Took longer to change the diaper but well worth the trade off of no more poop all over the hands, bed, walls, etc... BTW, she is now two and has out grown the problem.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my son only tries to take his diaper off when he doesn't have pants or shorts on so i make sure he has something on to cover the diaper. Onsies is a very good idea too. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I went and bought small undies :) Just like a diaper cover but more for a cheap price lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hate to say but duct tape, seriously LOL Mine did the SAME thing! We tried putting the diaper on backwards and everything, even at night we put her footie jammies on backwards and still in the morning like Houdini she would be out of it and naked.
    Also I agree with the other poster about using clothes to help battle the diaper removal, that worked for awhile with DD but once past that point....um yeah duct tape
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 4:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Potty train her as soon as you are able. And to get her started you may want to get some "Designer Pull-ups" which she'll want to wear. I know this may sound silly but ask her which ones she will wear? Even if she just points to the one she wants. My daughter started taking her diapers off every time they got wet. I decided to start potty training her and bought the girls version of pull-ups. It worked for me. I hope this helps.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Duct tape works well. It's not like it's going to hurt her. It's just on the diaper, not her skin. If you are opposed to using Duct Tape, put her in clothes that she can't get off. Sleepers work well for my DD. Especially if they have the little snap over the zipper at the top. She'll be frustrated at first. But eventually she'll stop trying to get her diaper off.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 4:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010