Don't I have a right to be upset? (this is a real question not just for points)

I was at work and my dh was home with my son. Dh is really good about doing some laundry if I get behind or some house cleaning which helps out a lot. Well I called him from work to tell him if he washes clothes make sure not to wash my 5 shirts in ot water and do not dry them in the dryer cause they will shrink. (we don't have the money for me to spend on clothes often and we finally set some money aside for me to get some new shirts cause my others r so old) Well I got home and he had washed my 5 new shirts in hot water and dried them. I was very upset cause I don't have any nice clothes and the ones I did have he ruined. He said that he is sorry but I shouldn't be making such a big deal over this cause its a mistake and he forgot. Wouldn't you be upset? I mean I called him and told him and he forgot within four hours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• yes i would be upset! but at least he is trying to help!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd be upset, but he probably feels bad enough as it is. I mean being upset isn't going to help the situation .... and I'm sure he won't do it again!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yeah I'd be upset but he is TRYING to help so I wouldn't say too much...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah Laila that is the mature thing to do and if they are tight on money I am sure the last thing she wants to do is ruin more clothes.

I understand you are upset and you have a right to be. However, the more you remind him of his shortcomings, the less help you may get in the long run. So maybe just tell him you appreciate him trying to help but next time either leave your clothes so you can do them or if he isn't sure ask you what the instructions were. Good luck with it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Good answer kaylan, let him know how bad it made you feel because money is tight and you were enjoying having new shirts to wear and now you can't. Just don't let it fester, I'm sure he is sorry.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i would be really mad and ask him to replace them once he got some extra cash but i wouldnt hold it against him.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yeah I'd be mad. My ex-husband used to pull the "I forgot" crap all of the time and it's like, no, you didn't forget, you're just an inconsiderate shmuck who doesn't listen to simple instructions.

Mine would get mad at me if I wrote out step by step instructions for him about something because I was "treating him like a child" but if I didn't do it then he would do it wrong or just "forget" to do it all together.
    He'd always remember how to do things for himself though...hmmmm, interesting.

You have a right to be upset.
    Maybe you should forget to not wash something red with his whites next time...he can't be mad about it right? It was just a mistake.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Of course you are upset.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i would be mad also, but my husband pulls this kinda stuff all the time , just recently i asked him to bring the hose up to the side walk and make sure the dog chain was in the patio being he was going to take trash out anyways. he took trash out trash and came back in, then the next morning at 7 am im having to run out in my pjs to get the hose before the lawn mowing guys ran over it. the ran over the chain and ruined it. and when i asked my DH he said oh i forgot...i told him right before he went out. so i have to wait till we get another chain before i can let the cats out. ( we live on a busy road so i leash trained my cats)
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Of course I'd be upset and you do have a right to be upset. He is leaning on "Oops I forgot", but you specifically called and told him. He's an adult and he knows better then to lean on "Oops I forgot". If he's going to help out he needs to pay attention.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010