the more he hates his job, the worse his mood, i cant take his mood swings!

so my SO is completely off his rocker lately. he doesnt know whether he hates his job or his life more. i feel like he looks at me as the reason behind him having to work a job he hates and comes home in the worst moods sometimes. some days he is good, then others he is ready to snap at me for saying the smallest things. i no longer know what to do and its really just starting to irritate me now, i really just want to tell him to suck it up or ship the hell out but i wont. he nevers wants to talk about what he wants in life, he just knows that he wants to be paid...hmm dont we all. he also wants a stress free job, dont we all too. but i am really just sick of his stank mood! do i just stay out of his way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, I know how that is. My dh has been self-employed for three years, but it's not going well at all and he's going to have to find a full-time job. So between him being upset about his business going under, and having to get a job he will probably hate, he's been a real pain to live with lately. I've learned to stay out of dh's way and let him vent while I nod and pretend I'm not getting annoyed by his bitching. The roller coaster ride of his emotions is getting on my last nerve though. I just want to tell him to suck it up and move on!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am sorry but good luck finding a stress free job! My husband LOVES his job. He is a nurse, but he still has a lot of stress no matter how much he loves it. He almost sounds in some sort of depressed mode. Maybe try getting him to see a doctor if you can, we all know how men and doctors are. Good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've been through this...*hugs*
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Tell him he either needs to find a new job or he needs to find a new attitude.
    You can hate your job, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone around you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ive been there and still kinda am! my husband has depression and some days are better than other i try to be supportive but when he sleeps all day and does nothing to help me and then complains that we dont have money it makes me really mad! just give him some space i know it hard not to hit him upside the head, talking to people really help me be more supportive of my husband! good luck! hope things get better!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hate to say it but I think yoy two have to do some sole serching,we all have to every onece in awaile.you cant live like this you will both hate one another in the long run.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am going through the exact same thing...just wanted to let you know you are not alone! i soooo wish my hubby could leave his work at work, ya know? sigh...hugs
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My dh went through this not long ago. He doesn't like his job, they keep changing policies and he works with a bunch of men who whine all day because they've never had a really hard job. (I see his point lot). So I told him that although we agreed I'd stay home with the children I would get a job to help out with stuff so he could be happier. After that his attitude improved, I think sometimes men just need to know you appreciate how hard they work (like I do being a SAHM) and to know you have a sympathetic ear.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010