Question about school

I want to finish my Criminal Justice degree. I was going to Phoenix of Arizona do not like that school. I really don't want to go online but have no other choice. So my question is what is a good online school to go to?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in

• University of Phoenix is is a for profit school, which doesn't have a good reputation. Check universities that offer a cj degree online. I'm sure there is an accredited university that offers it. Start with the universities in your state so you can avoid paying out of state tuition. I live in AZ so I looked at programs at Northern Arizona, Arizona State and University of Arizona. I finished my Bachelors from Arizona State last year. I know northern arizona offers several online degrees. Many of the universities do.
    I hate to say it but I doubt they will accept a lot of credit from u of p. IMO, avoid all "for profit" schools like U of P, devry, western international, kaplan, ect
    Feel free to send me a message if you have questions.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thank u but I have worked my ass off just getting those credits. So I hope I can transfer those credit.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hear ya! I got my associates completely online and worked my butt off. Then I decided I wasn't done and I wanted to transfer into a university. I checked NAU and they were only going to take around 12 credit, which would have totally sucked. Luckily, I found a program that transfered my associates as a block and I didn't lose anything. All I can say is do A LOT of research. You will find a program/school that works. It might take some time though. Like I said, just start with the state schools around your area and branch out from there. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Columbia College of Missouri has a really good Criminal Justice program. I am thinking about taking some of their classes next Spring because my college isn't offering any of the classes that I need during the time I need them in. http://www.ccis.edu/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010