Depression/PPD?...

I don't know how to decifer between being depressed and just having a crappy life and being depressed about it. This is a serious question, because I really don't want to even look into antidepressants just to mask a crappy life, you know?
Stuff sets me off quickly and it's because i'm so used to being treated like crap that when stuff comes up again it sends me spiraling down. I barely take care of my kids, and sometimes don't even enjoy my life. I find myself trying to get out of reality because I don't want to be here anymore. I just ignore responsibilities, and make excuses to get out of things. Just to sit here and do nothing. I wear pj's all day. I'm tired all the time. I have horrible self esteem. I sometimes wish I didn't have kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• its depression hun! there r free clinics u can go to for meds and it helps talking to people! my husband has been depressed for a while now and just now started getting help.he used to sleep all the time and just complain about life and never do anything about it. drove me crazy! we almost got a divorce because of it! he is getting a lot better now tho. he wakes up in the morning he started doing the things he used to do again. i think im finally getting the man i married back. its hard hun but u can do it every day is different! if u need some help just message me! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm so sorry. Life can be such a struggle that sometimes you do just want to give up. If you can afford a counsler you really should seek professional help. As far as antidepressants go I don't see any harm as long as your being supervised by a quailified health proffesional. There are side effects that you should educate yourself about just like any drug. IMO though if you have a headache you would take an asprin. Mood stabalizers should go along with professonal counseling. Just so you won't feel quite so alone everyone goes through crappy times in there lives. It is up to you though on how you deal with it.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am thinking depression as well. I went thru these exact feelings after weaning my second child off of breast milk, I think I went thru post partum depression but just didnt know it at the time. I know how it is to sit there and look at your kids running around while you are unable to literally move or get dressed for the day. If you can please talk to someone about it and ask for help, for me I just forced myself OUT of the house and asked for help within my family. I felt like I was drowning in all the responsibilities, especially housework so hubby pitched in and we got things cleaned and straightened and then the rest just fell into place for me. I hope you find some peace soon, it's all worth it
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 3:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010