Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I would like to know what you call these sprinkles on the ice cream cone.

I used to live up North when I was little and we would buy an ice cream cone and it would have these very sugary sprinkles on the ice cream, not the normal colored sprinkles from the store or colored sugar. These were golden/caramel color and they tasted so sweet and a little crunchy. Can you help me? Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 14 (1,817 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Yummmmmmmy BUTTER CRUNCH!!! My favorite!! :o)

    Answer by LoriKeet at 3:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • or it might have been chopped up toffee..either one sounds great!

    Answer by dullscissors at 3:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • Or is it kind of like the crunch coat that DQ used to have for ice cream cones. It was like a few colored sprinkles mixed in with this yummy crunchy sugary stuff that looked a little bit like chopped nuts. I can't find it anywhere anymore, but we used to have it all the time at DQ when I was a kid.

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • I would think Toffe Bits. I use those in baking a lot, and that sounds like an accurate description.

    Answer by KarmicChild at 3:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • EXPENSIVE!! < they charge way to much for those things.shops around here run us 75cents for them

    Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • it could also just be carmelized sugar

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.