How would you feel if your husband couldn't be there when you had your baby?

Because he was working a business he ran. Djing a wedding reception. And he said to you "How would you feel if your dj ruined your wedding"... but how am I going to feel when my husband isn't there during the birth of our baby, how come he didn't mention that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Certain professions, I can understand, such as the military. Something like DJing a wedding, not so much. It's not like he doesn't know when you're due with the baby. He has had plenty of time to come up with a back up plan. As a matter of fact, if I were him, I wouldn't have even booked any events for the 4 weekends closest to your due date. If the events were booked before you got pregnant, then I would have been spent the last 9 months working on a contingency plan with other DJs and letting my clients know the situation. I had a last minute change with my photographer. It was the same company, but instead of having the owner like we'd planned, I had one of his employees. They gave me plenty of warning about the change and so I was more than fine with it. I don't think it will be the end of his DJing career if he has to cancel one wedding b/c you're in labor.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well my DH wasn't there for my DD's birth - but he had a very valid reason, as he's in the military.

But to DJ? I'd be hurt and probably a little angry - I couldn't help but feel that he was picking something over the family.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Really upset ... really really upset ... why didn't he call another DJ and ask them to do it ... I'm sure he could have helped find another DJ
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I chose to have my Stepmother in the OR with me for DS#3
    My DH was there for the first 2 and he was a pain in my butt.

As long as you have someone that you love in there with you, you should be ok
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would be really upset. My husband dj's weddings too, and luckily if I was in labor during a wedding, he has a business partner he can call and take over for him, because I don't think I could do it without him!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My sister husband wasn't there when she had her baby. He is in the navy though so he didn't have a choice.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If we have anymore babies after this one, that's always a possibility for us (he's in the Navy - but luckily on Shore Duty right now) but as a business owner, you'd think he would have someone he could call on to fill in for him. I'm sure the wedding party would understand if he had to make the swap to see his child be born.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• do you have an appointment to deliver, or are you just afraid it will be on the same day as the scheduled wedding? yeah, i'd probably be upset if that was the case, but if so, chances are he can make it to both. however, refusal to even consider choosing birth over a dj job..that would be grounds for punching his lights out. can't he turn this one event over to someone else, just for this? i understand it being a business, not for nothing but a good time. if this is his way to make your family's living, you may have to just suck it up and deal with it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have to agree with everyone here. I would be very very upset like close to the point of not being able to forgive him for it. My husband is a cop and I have told him several times that if he is not there when Alyssa is born I wont forgive him.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I really wouldn't be upset if he had to miss it because he was working. But if it was anything else,I would be beyond pissed.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010