How do you cook Asparagus. I'm a first time Asparagus-cooker lol and I need tips and recipe's! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my DH loves it steamed.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It is awsome if you sprinkle with Adobi (sp?) seasoning. Then put in in a frying pan for 12 minutes. Mmmm Soooo Good!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Steam it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Steamed with butter/salt/pepper

Grilled w/ butter/salt/pepper

In stir fries as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I steam it. I used to put it in a small wire basket over some water on the stovetop, but now I put a little water in a covered container with the asparagus in the microwave and cook about 2 minutes or until the desired done-ness. To prepare it, wash well, since it may be sandy ( and I don't reuse the steaming water for this reason) and grasp the asparagus stem end and bend it down until the stem snaps. Supposedly this removes the woody part of the stem. Then cook.

As an aside, the parts of the stems that you break off would not have the same sand alert as the flower end, just wash them well, and you could use them for stock (if you don't mind the asparagus taste.)

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We like it roasted in the oven (about 350 for ten-fifteen minutes- until it's tender) with olive oil, salt, and pepper. The only way I know you SHOULDN'T fix it is by boiling it- makes it nasty and cooks ALL the nutrients out. You can grill it, bake it, I've seen it frozen in a cold quiche like dish before, some people like it fresh and crunchy.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i spray olive oil, on tehm lay them on a cookie sheet, put fresh garlic and peper, then cut green onions in half, bake at 350 for 15 min or less considering th esize of them
    rockinmamaoftwo

Answer by rockinmamaoftwo at 3:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I saute mine at medium heat in extra virgin olive oil, with cracked black pepper, sea salt, and fresh pressed garlic. Cook for about 7 minutes and toss regularly with tongs.
    Make sure to break off the hard ends before cooking.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Roasted on a cookie sheet or grilled - brush lightly with olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper first either way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Wrap in crescent roll dough, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle italian seasoning. Bake 350 10 min or until crescent roll is done and dip into melted garlic butter with dash of lemon pepper. You better make a bunch.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010