It really bugs me that he isnt as involved in my daughters birthday as he is in our sons.

i have a 6 yr old from a prev relationship, but my so has been her father figure since she was 2. we also have a 2 year old together, and his bday was last month, and dad was all excited and ready to get up and go, the baby went to chuck e cheese with us and had a party at home. so today is my daughters birthday, and he really hasnt said too much about it other than telling her happy birthday. he hasnt offered any money, or given any ideas as the where or what we should do for her since its too hot for a outside party. should i be upset? i know that right now he is in a bad mood he just got off work and what not, but i just figured he would be more involved, he hasnt even bought a balloon!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe give him a little time to relax from work and then say to him do you think we could do something for (our DD) b-day tonight. My hubby and I have one child together and he has two other children and when there b-days come around I am the one that does all the planning and budgeting also. But his children are my children to me this year me and there mother planned there partys together. That's the great thing about good people we can all get along and always have been able to.

Happy Birthday to your DD from raemommy and family :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It may just be that he has a harder time relating to her because she is a girl.

In my home... I run all the parties. I plan, budget, purchase decor and gifts... etc etc.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• thanks mom. i think he just may be moody! but it is bothering me a lil n i didnt want to make a fuss ab it with him
    secondtyme520

Comment by secondtyme520 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010