My 21 month old son woke up this morning and would not stand on his foot. He is normally running through the house. Its not broken and when he went to bed last night he was perfectly fine.

My husband put shoes on him and now he is walking with a limp but is still not his normaly self. Any ideas as to what could be going on? My husband says its not broken or anything so we should wait to talk to his doctor on Monday.. And see how he is tomorrow.. I checked for bugg bites, splinters and everything else but there is nothing... We did switch him over to new bed last night but he never got out of it by himself. I don't know anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How long has it been he could have gotten a bad cramp.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 3:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• he may have slept on it wrong.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He woke up at 7 this morning and it is 4 pm and he is still
    doing it.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am thinking that too......a muscle cramp maybe ???
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Than my best bet would be to rub it and put hot cold compresses he might have had it turned in his sleep hope he feels better soon :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 3:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• sounds like he got a cramp or slept wrong last night.

This happened to my DD last night as well. We ended up falling asleep on the couch together watching a movie. About 3 am she woke up with the worst blood curdling scream I ever heard come out of her mouth. Her poor little leg got a cramp in it from the way we feel asleep. I pushed against her foot to straighten it out to relieve the cramping and help it go away making sure it was helping. After a minute of that I told her she'd have to walk a bit on it to help it. Well it went away, but she still limped for a bit afterwards. I felt so bad. She's perfectly fine now, and running around the house, but I know how bad a cramp in your muscles that lock up can feel like, and I just wanted to cry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Hi. Sometimes you can be bit & not see a bite. Your child may of been bitten on a toe & it may be sore from that. With all the spiders this time of year its very possible even though you may not see any swelling. It has happened to me and usually goes away within a couple days. Feels like a big bruise. Soaking the foot in very warm salt water gives it a ton of relief.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would say if it isn't better to have him seen. Hugs to your little guy ((()))
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2010