I want another baby, but I DONT want another baby... is that common?

My son is 18 months. Since about the time he was 1 year I have been wanting another baby. I know I shouldn't have another one because of money, were not married, and many other reasons. But there is this nagging feeling in me that I want one. I didnt even want any kids, then I got pregnant and now I know I would want my kids close in age.... me and my sister were 7 years apart and we barely speak. I want my kids to grow together.
I am not trying to get pregnany, but I am not on BC (I get it monday, but its been 2 years since i was on any). Whenever Im late I freak out and realize I dont want another kid right now.
Is it common that I want another? Is it because my baby isnt such a baby anymore?
So confusing...

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 3:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep! I feel the same way. I'm a sahm to a 9 month old, and part of me really wants another baby. I recently thought I was pregnant and was both excited and terrified at the same time. I'm not really ready for another one yet, but I would love to have another one. I've decided to wait until my son starts school in about 4 years so that he has my undivided attention for his first 5 years, then when he goes to school, the new baby will have my attention during the day. Still, it is tempting. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It happens to the best of us or at least I hope it does . i went through the same thing right around when she was that age. LOL so I think it's normal :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 3:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can understand that- we really wanted to adopt and I didn't want to go through another pregnancy, but we decided to try for one more because I really want DD to have a sibling and we may not be able to afford to adopt for a few years and I want my kids close in age as well. I would sit down and talk it out with your SO.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 3:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just because your kids are close in age , does not mean they will be close like friends.

Answer by louise2 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes and yes isn't it nice that we're able to chose bc? I have four children and logically I don't want anymore but sometimes I find myself daydreaming about another little one.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am 3 1/2 years older than my brother and 17 1/2 years older than my sister. I am closer to her and like her a lot more than my brother. Can't really stand him.
    It's normal to want and not want another kid. I think that every time I see a baby, but then I hear them cry and it's like "hell no, never again!".
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Ah yes. I realized that the yearning I have is for another baby, not another kid. So I told my DH whenever I start pining for a baby to ask me if I want another kid, and usually the feeling fades instantly.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010