39 weeks 4 days. A little TMI question.

I leaked some brown blood just a little bit ago. I've had pregnancies before, but this has never happened. I haven't been checked since Thursday. And my contractions are starting, but I've had lots of false labor. What does the brown blood mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could very well be your mucus plug :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 4:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It means older blood. The brighter red it is, the fresher. The more brown, the older. It's what happens to blood once it's been around oxygen for a while.
    Not sure what this has to do with the pregnancy though.
    I started spotting brown blood right after I lost the mucus plug then the contractions started that night (on a Thursday) and I had her on Saturday evening.
    You may want to ask the doctor to be sure, as it could be something different with each person.
    Good luck.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• As nickynova said It could be your mucuos plug--or at least a part of it. I never saw mine for my first pregnancy, but I saw it for my last one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I to would say it is your mucus plug!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd say mucus plug.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Your body is cleaning out old blood plus that could be a sign that labor is coming! Now it could still be a few weeks but that's just what I've experienced, perfectly normal. As always though, if it still concerns you talk to your doctor =)
    YoungMother1792

Answer by YoungMother1792 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010