What would you do if your husband/SO told you he was gay or bi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would ask if he still loved me and if he didn't i would let him go be happy :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 4:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• First I would stop having sex with him. then I would move into the extra bed room. then I would file for divorce.

Answer by louise2 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd ask him why he stayed married to me for 7 years if he felt like that. I mean, it's not really the kind of thing you wake up in the morning and say "hey, I think I'm gay".
    If he was serious, we'd talk about whether he was coming out to his family. I'd be willing to remain married for him to save face w/family if he wanted that, but his family is cool with that kind of thing so that would most likely not happen.
    Probably head for divorce court.
    It would surprise me a LOT.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can't lie. First I would be stunned.

But once reality set in...

Truth is I would divorce him. Not because I wouldn't love him, not because I have some issue with him being gay.. I would divorce him because the reality is this. IF he was/is a gay or bi man, he can not live a happy, healthy and fulfilled life, married to me pretending to be/keeping up the pretenses of being straight. I could not do that to someone I love so dearly. I would have to let him go, so that he could live a life being who and what he is. Let him go to find happiness, hopefully love, and to live the type of happy and fulfilled life that he (and everyone else) deserves to have.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Burst out laughing, because if you knew my DH at all - you'd know the only way he'd ever say that would be as a joke.

But since that's not the type of answer I'm sure you're looking for - I'd divorce him. Why stay married to someone who isn't happy with you, cant be happy with you, and will most likely be miserable?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• What pixie_trix said. My mom was married to a closeted transgender (my dad) for over 20 years. They both would have been happier (and so would us kids) had they divorced earlier and dad had reassignment surgery earlier in his life.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 4:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would obviously divorce him. Then again, I'm sure if he was gay, he wouldn't want to be married to a woman either. More than anything, I'd feel betrayed because I had been lied to for so long. Seriously, though..my husband is as straight as they come, lol. At least, I hope so, lol. I'd still remain friends with him though, no matter what, and I'd always love him as a person and the father of our child.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think I would be more hurt than if it was a woman he was in love with but I have never turned my back away from a friend so why would I turn my back on someone who I love and it had to be very hard for him to come out to me.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well, first I'd make him take me shopping for some better clothes, lol. I'd probably still remain friends, unless he cheated... that's about it. Not much else you can do. Obviously our relationship wouldn't work out (sexually)... but I wouldn't hate him for it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010