Would you have your dog's DNA taken?

My husband has a mixed breed dog. She looks like a miniature golden retriever but he said her mom was a terrier breed. She also has purple spots on her tongue so I wonder if she's got some chow chow dog breed, too. I have found a few sites that will analyze your dog's DNA and send you a report with the mix of dog breeds in your dog. I think it would be fascinating to know and a fun birthday present for my husband (who's impossible to buy gifts for). Would you pay $60 to have your dog's DNA analyzed?

FrogSalad

Asked by FrogSalad at 4:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pets

• I would. I had a mix as a kid that I'd always wanted to know what was in him, I would pay $60 out of curiosity! If he's really curious about the breeds then I think that would be a cool present.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If its something that hed be really interested to know, sure. If he wouldnt care and that $60 can go toward something a little more useful, then no. I personally dont care what breed my dog is as long as he is a good dog.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Most likely not. But, I'd be more likely to spend $60 on a video game for my husband for a gift. If it's something he'd like, and it's an okay amount for you to spend on a gift, then there's no reason not to.
    Sounds neat.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010