Any summertime travel plans?

Do you take inexpensive short trips in the summer to visit family, friends, or just take the kids to amusement parks, camping, etc. just to get away for a day or a couple of days? Love to know. Thanks.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the farthest I'm going is Galveston and I live in Houston. To the waterpark. Just me and DH though. Our son is only 2 so I think this year will be more fun without him.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• All of the above is what we usually do however this summer our most favorite trip will be to L&D to have our 4th baby woo hoo
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Usually day trips (occasionally to the beach).  We haven't been able to afford much the last 5 years or so with gas prices and even when we could afford it my husband is always working.

This summer we are having a baby (in 2 1/2 weeks) and moving across the country (from Chicago to Portland, OR).  That will take any money we have for months.  We'll be broke and without furniture once we move.  The next year we will be using any extra cash to buy stuff we need (I'm talking beds and a sofa, dining room table, etc).

Right now I don't even have a car so we can't go more than a couple blocks from our house.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010