My husband has been gone all day "helping" another woman

Last night my husband said that he was helping another woman to move some furniture. I offered to help, but he said no. Today he's been gone all day. Also, I found out that there was no other guy, just my husband and the girl.

I've been out of work for seven months now, and I feel that there's a strain because of this. We have overdraft protection and my husband has been borrowing from this too much. The remainder from the last direct deposit was only $400 when pay was $900. (Can't cut the overdraft protection since my husband is the primary on the account.) This other girl works in law enforcement and receives a good pay.

Am I suffering from low self-esteem from being unemployed and being paranoid? Or, do I have a real worry about my husband being gone for so long?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats suspicious. Id ask to meet her and tell him what you think is going on.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sounds like you really have a cause to worry... I'm so sorry. I hope I am wrong!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That sounds fishy. If there is truly nothing weird about it, he should be fine with your helping as well.

Is this the ONLY thing going on, or are there other things that have caused you to wonder about this one?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If you are having problems trusting him, you need to talk to him about it. Keeping something like that in can damage a relationship.

If it were my husband, I wouldn't care too much, but we trust each other. I trust him not to do anything with the other woman, and I trust him to tell me if he is having problems with me not working. In return, he trusts me to call him on his bullshit and he trusts me with other people.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would definitely be concerned about that.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sounds like it's time to sit down and have a chat with him. I agree with Aqua_Jen that you should ask to meet her and tell him that you are concerned. You may not have anything to worry about, but he is acting weird and you should just get things out in the open.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i was totally be concerned. i think u should talk to him about it
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 4:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Men are jerks. You need to have a talk with him.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yeah that is a cause for some concern. is this the only problem or are there more? you need to have a chat with your husband and get to the bottom of EVERYTHING! what is he doing with the money he is taking out? why is he the only guy helping this woman move? why has he been gone all day? you are not wrong for feeling insecure but you need to make a move NOW and get to the bottom of this mess before it gets deeper and deeper to the point of no return. good luck, you need it.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 5:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You need to sit down with your husband and express your concerns.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010