What is the most uncomfortable situation you've ever been in?

Mine was when I visited a federal prison. My dad retired about 5 years ago, after working for the Federal Prison System for over 20 years. Before he retired, he got it cleared for my mom and I to take a tour. For starters, when he went in, I was wearing dress slacks and a long-sleeved collared dress shirt. They almost didn't let me in because when I raised my arms all the way, you could see about an inch of my lower back . That's when I knew what I was in for. They told me, "Some of these men haven't seen a woman in normal clothing in 20 years". So, we go in, and my dad takes us straight to the cafeteria to show us the kitchen. We walk in, and there are about 300 inmates in there, and there was a ton of noise. Once we were spotted, it went DEAD silent. It was soooo creepy. One guy looked at me and licked his lips and my dad immediately sent him to solitary, lol. We were talking to this one guy who seemed really nice..cont..

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow!! i dont think i would ever just visit a prison i watch those tv shows and some of the guys in there just scare me. and u said yall where in the cafeteria with them hmmmmm good luck with that
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 4:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• cont..and I go, "Dad, what is he in here for?". He told me that guy bashed his wife's head in with a hammer. I can not even to begin to describe the tension in that prison. It is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It was just such a BAD feeling in the air. It was so thick you could almost taste it. As we're walking through the outside portion, between the different building, I look over and see the windows PLASTERED with men, watching us. My mom told me that if she had known how it would be, she never would have came. It was just so weird to me because my goofy, laid-back dad worked at this place every day for over 20 years! I couldn't even imagine what that would be like! I definitely viewed him in a different way and had a whole new level of respect for him. Anyways, I've probably bored you with this post, but I was just thinking of it and how I'll never forget it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Your Dad had you go to a prison?? Just to see it? I would NEVER go to a prison just to visit.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oh I just read my responce. That sounded mean! Sorry I wasn't trying to be mean. Your story just seemed creepy and Im a chicken! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, Brandi, it's okay, I totally know what you mean. He had a gun on him, and I knew we'd be safe. Not to mention, he actually had a really good reputation with the inmates and they all liked him. He said that if ONE had stepped out of line, the others would have stopped the one who did. I actually begged him to go, because I knew it was an experience I'd never had the opportunity to have again. I'm glad that I got to see it, because it was a one-of-a-kind experience. I can't even begin to explain how utterly intense it was, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010