Is this normal?

I normally have a lot of patients but I'm ever since I have been pregnant every time I turn around my daughter who is 5 is making me upset. Every time I turn around I'm snapping at her I don't understand it. It's not just her either my cat when he eats he makes a mess on the floor and I have to clean it up so I don't have a bug problem and any other cat I have had eats the food off the floor he won't do it he makes a mess every where and I sweep it up in the dust pan he will eat it out of the dust pan a nasty dust pan but won't eat it off the floor and it use to not bother me but now it is it's making me mad. My husband smokes I use to smoke I quit when I was 5 wks cold turkey and the cigarette smoke makes me so nauseous yet he still lights one in the house. I have begged him to smoke outside but he won't do it in the morning with his coffee and it really makes me mad is it normal for me to be so mad during pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Of course its normal... you have raging hormones right now
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes it's normal.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have been super frustrated with my family as well and I have been told this is completely normal. Although you need to kick your husbands butt when he smokes around you and your child! That is ok to be upset about!
    danielleaube

Answer by danielleaube at 4:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• of course its very normal...
    TOMBOI

Answer by TOMBOI at 4:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Don't pick up the cat poop! This can give your baby birth defects! If nobody else will pick it up, get rid of the cat! Your baby needs to come first. And I would kill my husband if he didn't quit smoking when I got pregnant! How dare he even smoke in the house with a five year old and his pregnant wife!!!! Aparently he cares nothing about his families health. What a jerk!! Yes your hormones are raging, but they are trying to tell you something. You are just trying to be a good mom and have a clean house and a healthy family. I am living in a situation now that was untolerable to me once I got pregnant. I just had to make some changes for my sanity and that of my families. Now I don't get so upset because I made these changes.
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• YES! I am 5 months pregnant and I'm very snappy. But not all the time. I feel alot of the times that I'm being selfish. And my boyfriend smokes around me too. Which really pisses me off cuz i'm not a smoker, never have been. Plus its been giving me a lot of sinus infections. I ask and even walk out of the room. I told him I was going to start making him pay for my medicine whenever I get a sinus infection. Your not alone.
    DLC152

Answer by DLC152 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• sounds pretty normal. i would be PISSED if my husband didn't respect my wishes for him to smoke outside... i also can't stand the smell anymore (and was a smoker). i was sick from everything in my first trimester - my husband respected my wishes and didn't want to contribute to me feeling bad. he grumbled a bit at first but understood the importance of that to my well-being. in fact, he has been sleeping in the other room because i can't even stand to be next to him in the bed when he smells like cigarettes. i miss the cuddling, but i sleep much more soundly. aside from the dick factor, he needs to grow up and realize smoking in the house can be harmful to your current child, your unborn child, and can cause sinus cancer in pets. does he plan on quitting smoking in the house when the baby is born?? or is he looking forward to asthma and ear infections? i'd kick his ass and blame it on the hormones...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• he says no smoking around the baby so he will be smoking outside. He is very set in his ways and thinks just because I'm pregnant I can't force him to quit. He has decreased on the smoking the main time he does it is with his coffee he has to have it with his coffee and he doesn't want to stand outside and smoke and drink his coffee.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010