Am I in the wrong?

We have been wanting to go see toy story 3 in 3d and take our son, it would be his first movie in the theaters. So we told our MIL and we were going to see it last Thursday, we told her if we were going to go we would call her back so she could go. However, she was at work and would not make it anyways. We decided we dont have the extra money and are going to wait to see if we get any extra money this week. MIL calls DH and asks if we want to go tomorrow to see it. She doesnt want to see it in 3d and said she would pay for it. I have a problem with that, I feel horrible for not being able to afford to take my own son to the movies and i dont want her to pay and we wanted to see it in 3d so we told her no, she started crying on the phone and making dh feel bad because we dont see her every weekend. I feel bad for making her cry but I dont want her to pay for all of us. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe you could all win. Let her take your family to the movie and you invite her to dinner at your house afterwards.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I would say it's a battle not worth fighting. Kids are usually fine with seeing the original version. You could all go and have some fun with each other. Then later, when you have a little extra money, you could take her out with you for dinner or something.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I dont get why you would refuse her. you couldnt afford it and the reg one was great!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm with MamaRae85
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would let her take you!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 5:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010