Has your child ever been to sleep-away (residential) camp?

If so, how old was he/she? How long were they gone for? Was it a co-ed camp? Was it a specialty/sports camp? Were you nervous?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 4:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is 10 yo and is leaving tomorrow to go to camp for the very 1st time. I'm not really worried b/c it is a very strict church camp... but I am definately gonna miss her while she's gone. But I can't wait til she gets back so she can tell me all about it!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was a camp counselor at residential camps in high school through college, so I was 15+ when I started going away for the summer, but since I was working at the camps, I didn't really think much of it! :o) But now that I'm a mom, I don;t know that I'll EVER be able to send my kids to a residential camp--even if they work at them like I did!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no i dont trust ppl in this day and age..
    TOMBOI

Answer by TOMBOI at 4:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son is going for the first time this year. He will be gone a week and this is a camp I went to as a kid. He is 11 and the camp group he will be in is for 8-11 year olds. It is a Christian adventure camp. He is very excited about hiking, rappelling, mountain biking, canoeing and all of the other activities.

I am nervous, but I am sure he will be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010