What sports did you play in school?!

Was it your passion, or did you just play for fun and socialization?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i was in a small school (250 kids from k-12), so there werent many options..in elementary i played soccer, hockey, basketball, track/field and volleyball..in highschool the only option was volleyball..which was perfect, cuz volleyball was my passion!!! i looove it, i started in grade 6, i played power positin, by the time i was in grade 8, i was playing at senior level in their games and everything, but as a middle, in grade 9 i had univesity scouts watching me..it was crazy cuz although i was only in grade 9, i was the best player on the team!! and our school was AMAZING at volleyball..we won tournaments and were the provinical champions many years in a row (im from canada, thats why it was provincial) but ya, i love it, i was in the school gym every morning, playing and practicing at 6-8am, and then real practice after school from 330-5...volleyball was my life! i have so many medals/trophies/memories!! i miss it so much :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I played Soccer, all through grade school and middle school and until I was a Sophomore in high school. I loved it. But when I got older I wanted to go out and hang out with friends more than I wanted to go to practice.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• haha. We asked the same question at the same time. :)

I didnt play any sports in school. But I did play softball and I bowled in a league.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was in the color guard in high school. We were the ones on the football field with the band, twirling the flags and throwing them around. I loved it. I started practicing in the middle of 8th grade and tried out at the end of that year to make it for freshman year. I did it all through school.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• None. Wish I did.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was a competitive swimmer from the age of 6 to 25 (swam on a Master's team after college for 3 years). I was a top ranked swimmer, and it was my passion--I swam 4-5 hours EVERY day--on multiple teams, and because I was good, I had special school exemptions--like being able to get to high school late--because I attended a 5:00AM practices, and since I was on the equivalent of a traveling team, I got to leave school early and miss days when I had out of state meets. It was fun! :o)
    LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

***
    LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010