is this a 2 yr old boy thing or do i have a bad apple whom i need to get strict with

he has been being so bad.. He will scream and kick. He will melt to the floor and kick off his shoes and scream soooo loud. Im pregnant and due very soon so i cant pick him up and say ok lets go.. i have to wait till he stands and then pull him by the hand out of where ever we are. when i do that sometimes he falls to the floor and i cant pull him b/c i'd hate to pull his arm out of socket but anywho i am wondering am i doing something wrong. why is my son like the only one i see acting so bad. I never see kids doing what he does? can someone give me some suggestions? thanks ahead of time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's his way of reacting to your pregnancy... I have 3 kids and here lately all 3 of them have been acting out in their own way... I am due in 4 days
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It could be a stage he's going through. It could also be related to your pregnancy. He may be jealous or threatened by any changes going on in the house or with your body. I would make sure now to prepare your parents or his dad to spend special time with him when the baby is born and keep little presents on hand to give him when people come to visit you and the baby if they bring gifts. I also had my first born pick out a gift for his new baby sister and had a gift for the baby to give him in the hospital when he first met her. How you handle the new baby and the transition could nip this in the bud. Good luck!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• All I can tell you is that we spanked our children for such behavior as you describe. They were told one time what they were expected to do. There was no counting, no warning, no threatening, no arguing, no promises. If they did not instantly obey, they got spanked on their little legs. Done consistently, it does not take very long at all to change that bad behavior. Children are born thinking they are the rulers of the universe. It is a major responsibility of the parents to teach the little munchkins that they are indeed not the rulers of the universe, but they very well better act like mom and dad are. It is called respect for authority and obedience. You will never teach your child anything that will make a bigger difference in their lives.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I see lot of kids doig this mabe he knows the other baby is coming soon my daughter kinda did the same thing meny yrs ago.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Make sure you are feeding him a healthy diet and no junk food. Also, make sure he is getting enough sleep, at 2 he should be sleeping around 11 hours at night and 2 hours for an afernoon nap. If he doesn't get proper nutrition or sleep, it makes it much harder for him to control himself. If all that is on track, get the book or video from the library, " 123 Magic". At two he is old enough for this technich to work. It really works like magic if done CONSISTENTLY.
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no, it's not just a boys thing, my dd tends to have tantrums like this as well, and I can't pick her up either (pregnant too). Might be a pregnancy thing. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• dd is also 2
    xxhazeldovexx

• Try and nip it in the bud b4 your new baby comes. Gonna be no fun if he is having those tantrums with a new little one... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree that it is probalby just the reaction to the pregnancy. He may outgrow this. But let him know it is acceptable and don't let it continue or it will only get worse when your new baby comes.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2010