What kind of indoor activities do you do for your kids?

I am the worse and planning activities for the kids. They really need somethings to do since the mesquitoes are so bad this yr from all the water we have gotten they cant go outside. And we have no air conditioner upstairs just central downstairs so we dont like them being up there much during the really hot part of the days.

So if anyone has any ideas please share. We have no money cause hubs was outta work for two months and finally found a job and has been back to work for a wk and a half. So it has to be with stuff around the house!! Thanks

Oh and our kids are 9 girl, 7 boy, 4 boy, and 1 girl!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 5:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We do workbooks, a coloring, build forts with blankets and chairs... just chill on the floor and play trians or what not. I'm pretty boring..lol. We also only have 2 hours total for tv or video games,a nd that gets spaces out into two sessions... We arent doing a lot constantly.. sometimes we just have chill time...
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 5:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• They can make puzzles for each other out of the boxes of cereal boxes. Melt crayons together in the backyard in cupcake pans in the heat to make cool crayons. Make your own playdoh. Your older two can play Mad Libs that either you make for them or they make them selves. They do puppet shows or talent shows for the baby. If your computer has software to record the can make their own videos.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Wow those are some great ideas thanks ladies!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I usto color,hide thing and thay would look for it,all most like an egg hunt. I buy plants and pots and have tham in the house I is so fun..
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• workbooks
    color
    draw
    paint (pictures and ceramics figurines)
    write stories
    play board games
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Reading. Bake, prepare meals together. Make a scrap book, journal. Board games, cards. Write a letter to a loved one and mail it along with art/coloring they have done.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Balloons.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My kids are expected to find their own things to do.  They have toys, games, coloring books and other art supplies (they draw, color, create books and comics), books to read, each other to play with and, if all else fails, movies/TV to watch or the Wii if they are really bugging me.  But I don't entertain them.  They are 10, 8, 7 and 4.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Books, boardgames, puzzles, and putting on plays
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010