What is the worst gift you have ever recieved?

Don't get all uppity about it either... No "You should be happy to receive a gift" crap. Of course we should, but this is JUST FOR FUN!

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 5:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• for christmas my mother gave me a basket full of bathroom supplies. I was 14. in the basket were pads, razors, noxema, soap, and other embarrassing things. I needed the products but did she really have to get video of me opening the gifts ohh and pictures???
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A shirt that matched my Mom when I was 14. It was awful and she wwanted me to wear it to church that sunday so everyone could see "how cute" we looked. UGH A 14 year olds nightmare to match her mother! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband got me a cell phone charger for Christmas. The next year a shower head. A SHOWER HEAD?!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• For my 21st birthday my hubby got me a cheap silver locket that said "I love you" on it and had a pink rose across the words. It was something I would've liked when I was ten yrs old. I smiled and pretended to like it, but, six years later, have never worn it. He's never said anything about it, lol.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 5:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i had a woman regift me some stinky perfume. the reason i know she regifted it was because i know how got it for her. i turned around and gave it to a aunt of mine that told me she always gets that kind and if i didn't want it she would take it. so i gave it to her.

she regifted to everyone that year. i didn't fuss because i know they didn't have money to buy anything. but i would have been just happy without as long as they was there to spend time with.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 5:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When I was little I got a piggy bank that was personalized with my name on it...and my aunt has spelled my name VERY incorrectly, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Some freaking flannel zip up pajamas with the feet in it. It wouldnt have been so bad if I wasnt freaking 16 years old. Then it was beige with teddy bears all over it.......My aunt sure knows how to get you a gift. every christmas she gets me something that I dont even take home. LOL. This past Christmas she bought my 2 yr old daughter some pajamas that was a 6X. How long is it really gonna be before she can wear those..... I love my aunt though
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A hammer!!! I do inhome daycare and a past daycare mom gave me a hammer for Christmas to "work on the kids toys". I don't want to seem ungreatful, but I really didn't want/need a hammer. I do however appreciate the fact that she gave me something.
    LisaDW62

Answer by LisaDW62 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A hideous "sailor" outfit from my MIL. I returned it and got 2 pairs of jeans and a sweater.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 6:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• For Valentine's Day, my husband got me a Precious Moments ornament. It had a baby on it drinking milk with 9 little mice around it. (it was from the 12 days of Christmas collection) I was so mad! But then he told me that he got it as a promise. At the time, we were wanting a baby but we both knew that it was not the right time. So he got me the ornament as a promise that one day we would have a baby. I felt like crap after he told me. I still think it is ugly but I really like the meaning behind it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010