2 sit on fanny girls

I have 2 teen girls that I wish would help in the house thay help teachers,Famley members,But mom and dad forget it.help me get the 14and 13 up..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a 17 year old like that. Paying helps him sometimes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• you take away everything they have. you don't buy them extra clothes, you take the door off of thier rooms. seriously.....no cell phones, no internet, not priveledges like going over to friends houses or extra activities....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• huh i have a 13yr old and she absolutely refuses to do anything that shes asked to do...so recently i fixed that problem and put a block on the tv so without the code no tv!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• What are the consequences for not helping? Wishes won't make things happen...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Take away everything but their mattress and a blanket [Including their bedroom door]. Tell them they have to earn everything back. I
    - -
    - -
    It worked for a couple on worlds strictest parents. lol. I think when my daughter is a teenager, if the situation occurs, I will try this out on her.
    - -
    - -
    I know that if I was a teen who didnt help, it would have worked on me.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would take away things like computers ect... and when they start to help then you return there stuff... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You have to figure out the consequences for not helping first. There are some good ideas here.
    Then you have to tell the girls what the consequences are.
    Then you have to actually follow through with what you said.

I paid my son for chores when he was that age. I let his room go...that was his business, but I wouldn't allow him to bring friends in there because I couldn't be sure it was safe enough...that got through to him....then he cleaned and started leaving his door open so I could see it was fine...
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Remind them they do not live in a hotel, and when they want to have a privilege, let them earn it. If they won't help, no shopping/phone/texting/allowance/computer, TV/gaming/going to friends, etc. Give them specific things to do, start smallish, and thank them when they do it. I tell them it is my job to show them how to do these things so when they are out on their own, they can function. I slowly stopped doing things they can do themselves,like making their lunches, a while a go. They are now 16 and 12. Daughter does her own laundry, cleans the bathroom, vacuums, and son dusts, folds laundry, mows the lawn with Dad (he finds it fun!). Both feed the dog, make/help make dinner, clean up, do dishes.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010