Voting down people

Do you think this is going to turn cattie when people can start voting down answers?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Probably, there are some women on here that others don't like and I'm sure people will just start voting down their answers no matter what they say...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I really dont see any good in being able to vote someone down. In that case I want to be able to delete indvidual peoples responses out of my posts lol.
    I have a bad feeling this is going to turn into war of the points.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 5:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes I sure it will, I really don't like the whole voting thing anyway. It seems more like a popularity contest and I just like answering questions.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I feel uncomfortable at the idea of voting down people. It makes the site upbeat when we can vote up people- encourage them, but voting down people seems discouraging and stressful.

Answer by Bmat at 5:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hope not too. But I believe a person has to be voted down more than 6 times for it to take any of their points away, so a single vote won't do anything.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• RyansMom001, I agree. First thing I thought was they are turning this into a game like those Scavanger Hunts. I need to go check out the new rules, because I'm kind of turned off to this new concept, with the exception of the disappearing Anon option.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 5:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Are you kidding? Is there anything on cafemom that doesn't turn catty?!?! lol, of course it will!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 5:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hope not. IDK.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Probably...thats why everyone is desperately trying to get points in etc to get the ability to do that!!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I just really think the R&B section and the politics section is going to turn into WW3 when people get that option. Some of the posts are great and informitive, but I think it is going to further the us vs them stuff that goes on. Here is to hoping for the best.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010