What is this pain?

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and for the past week, I have had this sharp pain a lot right under my belly a little off to the right. I don't think it's labor pains but is it normal? I was induced with my first child so I don't know for sure. I have had to lift my son and bend in weird ways trying to keep up with him so maybe that caused it? Anyone with any experience?

karina400

Asked by karina400 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's probably a strain from picking up your son. Try to get him used to walking and climbing up where he needs to go. It's better for you and pretty soon you'll have a baby in your arms and Big Brother will need to be on the ground.
    Definitely call your doctor about the pain, just to be on the safe side.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 5:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm 35 1/2 weeks along and i've been having pains too....I think it's we're just so ready to be done! And of top of that we've been having to carry kids around! UGH. I agree with Red though, call your doctor and let him/her know of anything your expiriencing just so they can check you out to be safe. I've got an apt Mon morning! xoxoxo congrats mama!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sounds like ligament pain to me :) It's normal. If you're having contractions it will come regularly and get stronger, longer and closer together.

Try hot compresses to help if it bothers you a lot, or take a nice bath.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Every time I stand up it is very sharp. What are ligament pains?
    karina400

Comment by karina400 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sounds like ligaments pains to me too. Ligament pain occurs when your muscles and ligaments have to stretch to accommodate your growing baby. Your baby is the biggest he/she has ever been and your body is trying to keep up. Best thing to do is stay very hydrated, take warm baths, take some tylenol, and try to relax on your left side.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• As your belly gets bigger the ligaments around you stomach stretch and sometimes it can be really painful!

I am pregnant with my 3rd but only 7 weeks, and I am having some ligament pain, mine feel more dull and crampy sort of.

It could also be a foot pushing on your ribs or some other internal organ :) lol :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree about the ligament pain. You have ligaments attaching your uterus to the body wall, and the round ligament runs from your uterus and attaches to the inside of your labia majora. MANY women experience round ligament pain at some point during pregnancy, yours is surprisingly late (I'm envious!). There isn't much you can do, but take Tylenol when it gets bad, and try to take it easy these last few weeks (easier said than done with kids, I know). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's ligament pain.. I've been dealing with it since the 3rd month.. seems to get worse as she gets bigger.. take tylenol and rest.. don't forget to drink lots of water.
    comermom

Answer by comermom at 2:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010