How do I get rid of these !@$% tiny ants.

they are all over my freakin' house and the stupid ant traps aren't working. I have tried ant spray but it only workd for about 2 days then they are back. any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• find out where they're coming in from and spray....even if you have to spray over and over. make sure you do the perimeter of where you live as well and not just where they're coming in from. keep your house crumb free as well :) be sure to respray afer it rains too!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Put some sugar on the glue traps that you use for mice. It works great. Just put the sugar on the middle, and they get stuck getting to it. Also, to kill them instantly, use lysol spray on them. I spray the edges of the windows and anywhere I see them coming in, and I spray it directly on the ants. Kills them instantly.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We sprinkled baby powder around the edges of the kitchen and near any cracks. They say the smell of the baby powder overpowers the scent trail the ants use. It seems to be working. I've also used vinegar. I spray it on counters and cabinets. The smell is bad for a while until it dries, but it keeps the ants away and is safe for food.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Can you follow an ant line to see where they are coming from? Then "Raid" the heck out of the area!

I'm in PA, and the baby ants all just "hatched!" If you keep making sure there aren't any crumbs or pet food on the floor, they;ll disappear in a few weeks on their own.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Windex will kill the little black ants....thats all I use.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• There is a liquid in a little bottle called terro I think put a drop on a small piece of cardboard by sink. they'll eat it and take it back to colony and it kills them.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• This works like a charm. Get some Borax, you can buy it at most grocery stores & at any hardware store. Mix it with some corn syrup, or pancake syrup or honey and put it into a something tiny, like a bottle cap & leave it out where you see them around the most. They will eat it all, bring their friends to help them eat it & take some back home with them to kill the rest of their family. Any time i see an ant, i use this & it ALWAYS works. At least once a year those pesky ants will try to return to my kitchen, this always does the trick.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• TERRO!!!!! Works better than anything I have ever tried!!!!! (and no I do not work for them in any way)

http://www.terro.com/
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 7:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sprinkle cinnamon where ever the ants are. It won't hurt anyone, and it will work.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010