How do I handle this situation?

I am in my 30's, I have a 12 year old son and I am 5 months pregnant. I am going to my cousin's wedding tomorrow and I am not looking forward to seeing my family. My family keeps asking over and over, even after I give them the answer they ask again "So are you and your boyfriend going to get married? Are you guys living together?" My patience and tolerance is wearing very thin... Suggestions?

DLC152

Asked by DLC152 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell to you have asnwered this "nosey" question before and you are sorry they cant comprehend what you are saying :) Sorry I cant stand annoying nosey family!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Act like you didn't hear them and change the subject lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Answer it the first time someone asks. Then, every person that asks after that, direct them to the first person, saying "I've already answered that today, you'll have to talk to so-and-so".
    Or, just tell them they're being nosy. You can ask when they plan to divorce their current spouse, or some other ridiculous personal nosy question.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i agree with kiwismommy
    Graden_Daeani

Answer by Graden_Daeani at 6:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd just tell them the truth.. If we were, I'd say so.. If we weren't, I'd say so.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would answer " I don't think that is any of your business" and walk away. Good Luck tomorrow.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ignore them or tell them to mind their own business
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 6:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yea people ask me this all the time... i started to tell them i don't believe in marriage...lol

staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Bring some Mr.Potato noses with you. When someone asks the question, give them a nose. When they ask why you did that, tell them " Well I was worried that your nose was getting tired".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would say "yeah, we eloped in Hawaii" just to shut everyone up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010