Is it possible to salvage a set of miniblinds that has a broken slat?

I've got a couple that just have one slat in the middle that is broken.....to the point where I couldn't just super glue or tape it together.....
I know they include an extra slat in the box with each set, but they don't have holes and I don't know how to repair them...any ideas?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The extra slat they include in the box is a valance to hide the top bar and mounting brackets. You can fix them.
    Step 1
    Open the blind fully, and open the slats so that they are aligned horizontally, not at an angle.

Step 2
    Look at the bottom of the base piece of the blind, and locate the three buttons there.

Step 3
    Place the edge of a small flathead screw driver under these buttons, and pry them off.

Step 4
    Remove the base of the blind, letting the strings hang loose. Remove slats to get to the broken slat, taking note of how the string alternates in the holes of each succeeding slat.

Step 5
    Once you have removed the broken slat, slide the replacement slat (you can use one from the bottom of the blind) into place.

Step 6
    Replace each slat that you removed, taking care to string them as they were before. Replace the base piece, and snap the buttons back in place to finish the job
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i buy new ones
    mommyofone740

Answer by mommyofone740 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• are you kidding? you have to string every slat again? lol Ok....thanks for the info!!! I better get started! lol
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010